Saturday, September 12, 2015

Weekend pork-out diet? - Sign up for pre-diabetes.


If you haven't seen it mentioned on TWitter, see this "can't run/can't hide" article on line from the L.A. Times:

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-sci-sn-obesity-insulin-resistance-20150909-story.html

"Scientists asked six men to eat 6,000 calories a day

 in bid to fight obesity." 

  This is what happens inside us each time we overeat.  It's so dangerous that the experiment was conducted inside a hospital.  And the results were obvious almost at once.  And we continually pay.  It reminded me for the first time since I was diagnosed as prediabetic that I used to love a certain ice cream so much I'd have only that for supper sometimes.   It makes me flinch at photos of people sampling everything at the Bar-BQ festival.   I'm still learning to eat better.  

I wish you health.

  



No comments: