Monday, December 16, 2013

LUMPECTOMY - THE SEQUEL . . . Radiation day 1

Murphy's Law of breast cancer radiation:  you will wake up in the morning with amazing itches, but won't dare wiggle or scratch during treatment.  So, of course, over the weekend my dermatitis has gone crazy.  (Since it's day 1, I'll be in "the position" with arms raised on the "pillow" for 30 minutes.) I should have practiced not scratching.  

So enjoy the day.  Luckily, my daughter made lovely peach cobbler with real oats, so I couldn't be grouchy at breakfast.

Making a list: 
Take allergy pill so I won't cough during treatment (I hope)
Allow time to drive to CVS in case the doctor finally gives me the tendinitis ointment RX
Finish lunch by 12
Take Tylenol no later than 1:00
Put ointment on arm before you go
Put dermatitis liquid on scalp before you go
Leave early in case road to cancer center is still blocked

Remember to ask for extra blankets in the treatment room.
Rehearse anti-cancer battle cry while changing into gown.
Say your prayers!

Give self a sinful treat after treatment.  Or two treats.  Or. . no, two is enough.


No comments: