Sunday, December 15, 2013

LUMPECTOMY FOR BEGINNERS and THE WAR CRY

Considering radiation, I had thought three weeks would be all I could take before I started brooding about what was going into me, and my future.  But when I said yes, the oncologist, Dr. Sands, said it would be four weeks.

Saturday morning, a wise friend who has had radiation talked with me again.  He said that as he lay there, he had said some things to the cancer cells, and they were not polite language.  He told me,  "This is war."  

That's exactly what my head should be doing from the first day:  Being consciously determined to fight abnormal cells.  Declaring war!

Agreeing to radiation is stockpiling silent weapons. But sometimes a warrior needs a war cry.  I'll bring mine.  I'll lie there . . .

Silently shouting.

No comments: